Sunday, December 09, 2012

Howdy...been a while

It's been awhile and I truly have no good excuse. I've been working a new part time job, and to get my foot in the door, I told the owner that I could and would work any days he could give me that I had free from my full-time job. Well, he took it to heart; not complaining, but I have been hard at it. It is a good feeling to have some extra cash coming in the door, though. It is funny how things start to break when there is a little extra Christmas or pocket money laying around. The washer has been making some funny sounds lately. I think the agitator is starting to strip out and while it's not an expensive part, the whole washer has been rebuilt several times. I'm not sure the rest of it can take it. So...that extra may go to get my lovely wife a new one. With three kids living out in the country, we do a lot of laundry. I guess it's a good feeling knowing that it won't be going on a credit card but it still sucks. It's always something. My father in law has been ill and told me to drive his gas sipping car to keep it running. It is an older rice burner but definitely gets better gas mileage than my truck. I cleaned it up and was kinda' excited about saving some fuel until I tried to open the door from inside and the connecting rod in the door broke. Nothing like tearing open a door and trying to work in tiny spaces. It's always something. I do look forward to Christmas this year; the girls are getting some things they really want. They are great kids and don't ask for much, so when they ask for a big ticket item at Christmas we try to do the best we can to get them at least one of them. Before anyone says anything, when I say big ticket, I mean comparative to the amount we usually spend on stuff. We tend to be stingy on stuff. I remember being a kid and not wanting to ask Mom and Dad for anything because I didn't want to hurt their feelings-knowing we couldn't afford the stuff the other kids had. So, when the girls ask for one thing that may be outside the norm, I work as hard as I can to get it for them. I remember never having the "cool" jacket or gizmo and if they can just experience having it once in a while it will make all the hours on my feet worthwhile. Twenty years ago I could never have imagined that three little blond girls and my beautiful wife would have ever existed, nor mean so much, but they do. Lord...they do. So whatever it takes. Whatever. I'm not sure how much posting I'll do between now and Christmas so I'd just like to say to the few that probably still read this little ol' blog-Merry Christmas. May the Lord bless you and hold you in his hands. Remember the reason for this celebration and remember those who can't be at home; those holding the line and holding back the dark. Thank you all-have a good 'un.


No comments:

Post a Comment