Monday, October 17, 2011

New hobby...

Well, I kinda' got myself into a new hobby. It's not like I really have the time for one, but we all need a little diversion now and then. I saw a paracord bracelet for sale the other day and it was 10 bucks. I thought, "Really? I can make one of those." Soooo off to my shop I go and a half hour later, with the help of several websites, I had one. I used some old OD green paracord and a buckle off of an old backpack. The kids wanted one so I got the idea to make them in their school colors. So I did, and then it hit me, kids love the next "new" thing. I told the girls to tell anyone at school interested that I'll make them one for 5 bucks a piece. They are fairly simple to make, but the measurment and starting part can be a pain, so of course, like Tim Allen, I had to build a jig to make my life easier. A couple hours sweat and some scrap wood and TADAAA!  I just tried it out and it works great. I have to admit it is not totally my design. I combined several different designs and added my own touches. It works great and is expandable so I can try different things. Let's hope by Christmas time I'm a self-made hundred-aire. Just thought I'd share. Y'all have a good 'un.



No comments:

Post a Comment