Thursday, December 29, 2011

Paranoia?

Lately I've been wondering how much "the man" pays attention to our type of blog. Usually I'm the "on edge, paranoid one" one in the family, but just the other night my wife said something made even me sit back.  To be honest, she doesn't know about my little blog(that I'm aware of-if so-I love you baby), but does know that I read the prepper blogs a lot and post often. With that in mind she said,"maybe you should be careful about what you post on the blogs." "Why"' I asked. She really couldn't give me one, just more of a feeling. So...damn. When the wife, who shares my belief about the future but takes it less ominously, says be careful...well...I start to think. Not sure what, but it makes me sit back and take inventory. I'm going to think more on it, but I'll say one thing. I know what I believe in. I believe in my God, my family, my flag and all it stands for. Anything other than that is just chaff. If someone doesn't like that, well, they can jam it sideways. I hate to get up on my soapbox, but there it is. So, we'll talk more on this on down the road. Y'all have a good 'un.



8 comments:

  1. I would think as long as we are not making threats to the Govt and the great one they should leave all of us alone. fingers crossed. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, like you tend to be a little paranoid and I agree with Rob's Bunker. If you think about there are 10's of thousands of bloggers out there and they would be after the most radical and there are quite a few. And to be honest most of us are on some 'list' already but we still have 1st amendment rights in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, men, but with the passing of the Patriot Act, enhanced FISA, and now the NDAA, the government has proven it doesn't give a rodent's rectum about our God Given, Constitutionally protected rights.

    Sure like Duke says, it's a numbers game but you better be praying it ain't Your number that they've got

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of you have very valid points...but trust me on this, they know who we are and where we live and what we say...just use common sense. Hiding, is impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephen you sound like Dale aka "Rusty Shackleford" on "king of the Hill"

    Heh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check out this article,

    http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/008430.html

    just remember once you hit that "publish" button that's it. For example I can still find copies of every blog that I've deleted still out there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I try to be careful, but if I believe in something, I tend to spout off a little too quick, but dammit that' just the way I am. I have said some things to some liberals on facebook that I shouldn't have, but I did it and I ain't lookin' back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rob & Duke-I would hope so, but I've seen examples throughout history where rights disappeared like snow in the sun.

    Matt & Stephen- I tend to lean towards your thinking. I just wish it wasn't so.

    John-I, like you, sometimes have a hard time holding back. It has got my butt in trouble more than once. Maybe patience will come with age.

    Thanks for all the comments fellers. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete