Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Weekly quote and favorite knife...

To start the week off I'd like to drop a few quotes on you to get you thinking. We all know the coffee can't do it alone.

 "I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. Of course, this makes me forever ineligible for public office."-H.L. Mencken

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
H. L. Mencken-US editor (1880 - 1956)
(that is figurative, for you law enforcement types)

We the People...always has a great gun of the day post. It made me want to do something in the same direction, without being a johnny come lately, of course. So I'm going to try to do a cool prepper, EDC, survival, or thing that goes bang post of the week. I would do it daily, if you haven't figured me out yet, but rarely have the time to do something like that. So for this week I am putting up my favorite knife. I know others have done it, but this is mine. It has served me well for approximately ten years now and hasn't shown signs of letting up. I'm talking about my Spyderco Delica. It even has the old fashioned molded clip. It has cleaned animals, cut wire, opened boxes, cut clothes and seatbelts(in the line of duty), pried things open, and even put down a wounded deer. I wouldn't sell it for anything. Maybe one day one of my girls will carry it off to college to fend off evil boys(all boys are evil in my book,except for me, and I used to be). Anyway, leave a comment if you'd like about your favorite knife and we'll see how this deal works out. If there is a cool item that you'd like to pass on, just leave me a comment and I'll get right on it. Thanks, folks. Y'all have a good 'un.




3 comments:

  1. Spyderco has some good blades. The factory is here in Golden Colorado. About 5 or so miles from our home place. I go and drool on their knives every now and then. I have one of the "Pigs" That my ex brother in law got me for Christmas, about 15 or so years ago. It now lives in my BOB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're hard to beat. Maybe one day we'll be able to sit and compare blades. Hope it was a good turkey day for you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a great day. I ate WAY to much.

    Sorry it took so long to get back to ya.

    Hope you and yours had a great turkey day.

    ReplyDelete