Tuesday, August 30, 2011

9mm vs .45? Ask Matt.

"A 9mm is fine. Size doesn't really matter. Shot placement matters. Shooting somebody in the face with a 9mm probably feels a lot like getting shot in the face with a .45....since neither one of them will survive for you to ask them how it felt, it's really a moot point. If they do survive, and they're still able to answer, cognitively, your question about how it felt, YOU DIDN'T SHOOT THEM WELL ENOUGH. Save up more money and go to a good school that teaches you to shoot better. Take shot placement over size everytime. I've never known a sniper that spent his time training to shoot a guy in the calf. A bullet is a bullet; learn to shoot for shot placement. "~ Matthew Graham


I like this guy! I've read up on him and he's the real deal. Thinking about taking one of his classes, finances depending. However you lean you have to admit it's a great answer to the debate.

http://www.grahamcombat.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

  1. I agree shot placement is important in fact a 22 between the eyes beats a 45 in the foot. I qualified with the 45 and the 9mm in the military but still prefer the 45 but it is more expensive to practice with. Interesting enough some of the special ops. guys in Iraq are using the 1911.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, Duke. I love my Colt, but I just can't afford to shoot it much. I've gotten pretty good with the Glock 26. She's a sweet little shooter and as the man said, fight what you shoot. So...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for the .45, nothing against the 9mm. If it was good enough for the Germans in WW2 it can't be a bad item. But the .45 is what I was trained on and I trust it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Screw 'em both, carry a .357!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There always has to be that one guy, Tin Can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with TinCan. I like the 357 Ruger security six.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now Flier has to jump in on the 357bandwagon! I'm starting to feel the pressure. I wonder how long it'll take me to save up for one of those little jokers...

    ReplyDelete