Saturday, September 22, 2012

Weary...

I've been spending all my time working on the Ponderosa as of lately, hence the dirth of blogging. It's been a rough couple of months around the world. It's actually starting to wear on me. I know sticking my head in the sand and bunkering in is not going to help, but damn, do I feel like doing just that. Too many shootings, too many protests, too many liberal idiots, too many "faithful" taking advantage of a non-issue. Our leadership is at its worst. I've never seen anything quite like it and I'm afraid for our nation's future, my future, but most of all-my children's future. The hardest thing for me is not being able to even begin fathoming the liberal mindset. It's as if they are from another dimension.


Money is tight now with the new place, so our preps are running low. Good thing deer season is here-meat in the freezer. The kids will have their first experience this year; should be fun. I'm more excited for them than for myself to be honest. These are the times I've been looking forward to. My Dad is one of the best men I've ever known. I owe him everything. In giving us the things we needed he had to spend all his time working. He owned his own small business, meaning it owned him. I'm sure some of you are in the same spot. This meant we didn't have tons of time together that didn't involve work. Let's say it this way-I spent a lot of time early on working and learning the job. It was the only way if I wanted to see him for more than ten minutes here or there. I often was dropped off after school with him and came home well after closing with him; dirty, greasy, worn, but all smiles that I was "helping" Dad and being a man. It was time well spent, but it was rough time. I'm sure it was tough on him; worrying about me and making a living at the same time. Still...these are some of my favorite memories. That is what I want to build with the girls. Memories. Good ones. Ones that they will carry into their adult lives, one day realizing how much I really love them and want them to be happy. So again, I can't wait to see all three pair of little blue eyes sitting in a deer blind with me. It's going to be fun. I can only hope they enjoy it; I guess time together is never a waste.

Anyway, let's hope for a good deer season and a better November-you know what I mean. Y'all have a good one and I'll see you next time.




4 comments:

  1. Yes, we need a good deer season. I'm looking forward to hearing about the kids first go round out there hunting. My hubby was selected on a lottery drawing for hunting. I'm hoping he comes back with one too. Money doesn't grow on trees even though I wish it did :-)
    November will be a good month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to your husband-hope he puts one in the freezer. I've been dreaming of deer jerky and sausage, myself.

      Delete
  2. Hope that you and the girls have a great time. And hope you fill your tag(s).
    And, I think we all hope that November will be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jimbo. We did have a good time, although no deer. It was a great first experience. I hope you've found the perfect thong-it would help push November over the top.

      Delete